Report output to Excel - setting different font

I have a heavily formatted report that is outputted as an Excel file. To achieve the formatting, I loaded a new custom-template into Decisions (System>Designers>Report Output>Templates). Most of the formatting is achieved with conditional formatting (conditional formatting is formula based - based on a value of a cell, I'm applying a specific format).

The report is downloaded from a flow (flow runs the report, sends the output to excel and allows the user to download the results).

The issue I'm having is that the users don't want the standard font (Arial-10). No matter what I do, the output of the Decisions report writer sets the font to Arial. I tried changing the font within the template, but Decisions keeps overwriting the font when the output is created. Has anyone experienced a similar issue? I submitted a ticket with Decisions support, looks like this will have to be new feature request.

One solution might be to run a Power shell script to change the font in Excel, but that will require MS office to be installed on a server.

Thank You.

Comments

• Hello Ameler!

Unfortunately, we don't currently have a way to alter the font of the output within default Decisions steps. And indeed, we have reached out regarding a feature request for this functionality. That being said, the font size can be altered via the "Set Font Size" step: https://documentation.decisions.com/step-library/docs/en/set-excel-csv-steps.

I've attached an example project below showcasing this functionality.

Please Note: The examples attached were developed to be instructional, and were not developed as officially supported components. For more information or to engage our service team to develop fully supported, production quality solutions, please contact: services@decisions.com

We hope this helps!

-Gregory, Decisions Support