Downtime for Production Movement\Deployment while using Load Balancer

Benzema
edited April 8 in General

We are attempting to perform our first production deployment and I’m wondering about downtime and impacts to the load-balanced servers. How should the deployment happen and what is the impact?

Comments

• Hey Benzema,

You are load balanced so I would do the following.

1. Login to the studio on one of your servers. If going through the load balancer make sure you know what server you on. System/administration/server will show you.

2. Checkout the project from the repo server onto production. Or switch branches, if that's how you are handling versioning.

3. Once import completes check to make sure you don’t have any invalid datatypes. You can use the other/recompile datatypes action on a designer folder to see if there are any.

4. After all is clear bounce the other node(s) service host manager service to have absolute certainty that all of your configurations are sync’d up.

• Do I need to take the node that I am using to do the branch change out of the balancer while the deployment is going? If not, what happens If that node gets traffic during the migration?

• amershaik_Decisions
    edited April 15

It would just be running v1 stuff still.

Adding about the downtime required, Usually no downtime is required for project deployment, however in case of cluster environment to reflect the changes, we need a service restart and that required a minimal downtime of around 15-30 minutes.