Moving Entity to a Different Folder Doesn't Update CompositeTypeNamespace?

Greetings,

I'm moving entities to different folders in my Decisions Studio for better organization. I have a custom debug tool that grabs information from Decisions about the entities;  it's keying off of CompositeTypeNamespace to make a display. However, when I update the folder path for the entities, I notices this CompositeType Namespace doesn't update. What am I doing wrong?

Comments

• Hello there!

This is expected Decisions behavior. The Compisite Type Namespace section is used when generating the table name of the composite data type. This field defaults to the folder path where the type is being created, which is then used as the table name for this structure on the back-end database. This means altering the filepath will not alter the Composite Type Namespace (see our documentation below):

https://documentation.decisions.com/v8/docs/en/best-practices?highlight=composite%20type%20name%20space

I'm not sure if this is possible using what you've built, but perhaps you can reference the folder path from another source, such as the "entity_folder" table.

I hope the explanation helps!

-Gregory, Decisions Support