Configuring The Azure Service Bus Queue Custom Connection String To Use Environment Variables

I am currently using several queues within the Azure Service Bus Module. Each environment has different queues correlating to the purposes of each environment. Therefore, my connection string for each queue needs to get updated when changing environments. Is this possible?

Comments

• Nathan_Decisions
    edited February 9

You would need to create an environment variable for each custom connection string for every Azure Queue from all your environments. You will use an Execute Command Step to pull the appropriate environment variable depending on whether you are going into a lower or higher environment into your flow. The Fetch entities step will pull the custom connection string of the current Azure Queue. The Fetch Criteria will need to be used to ensure the correct queue's connection string is being updated. The last step will update the current connection string with the environment variable.

I have attached the project related to this comment. However, this example works for one queue, so this must be reconfigured for multiple.

*Please Note: The examples attached were developed to be instructional, and were not developed as officially supported components. For more information or to engage our service team to develop fully supported, production quality solutions, please contact: services@decisions.com