Help with Wait on external system step

Help with Wait on external system step

Comments

• I’m currently implementing a flow in Decisions that will utilize the “Wait on External System” step.
    I have this step set up to have an “Approved” and “Rejected” service outcome (simple to start with, scope to expand)

I can see from the integration details that in order to trigger each of these via the generated service I can make REST requests to certain URLs.
    The URLs require a sessionId, flowTrackingId, and stepTrackingId.

The sessionId, and flowTrackingId I can retrieve fine from the rest of the implementation, but I’m struggling to understand how to retrieve the specific [b]stepTrackingId[/b] value.
    I can’t see where I can pull this from.

I’m working with process folders and can pull the other information from the entity information I get from those.

• [font=Roboto, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The value for step tracking ID can be found as input data for the On Step Run flow for the Wait on External System step. The On Step Run flow would be the ideal place to make API calls to an external system, and the Is Complete flow would be the target of the API call back from the external system. I have created a small demo project with the step tracking ID of a Wait on External System step mapped into a step in an On Step Run flow. Please [/font][url=https://documentation.decisions.com/docs/exporting-and-importing-overview]import[/url][font=Roboto, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif], review, or modify it as you wish.[/font]