Transferring users across environments

Transferring users across environments

Comments

• We have a development server, A non prod staging server and a prod server. I would like to import users to between instances in the order listed. Will they retain their specific characteristics such as ID, or will I need to recreate them?

Thanks!

• So you wont actually be able to transfer user accounts from dev to non prod to prod or any combination therein. Users are locked down to the individual instance (server) they are created in, and cant be imported / exported to a different instance. You will have to either create them manually, or set up an Active Directory Sync in each environment.

• Okay, that makes sense, Can you confirm for me if groups can be moved between instances? I plan to create the appropriate groups, assign them the desired permissions and export those across environments as well.

• They can be moved between instances using the import / export feature.

check out this helpful forum post that is describing your exact question and the steps on how to import / export these groups. Here is the link: https://support.decisions.com/forum/topic1688-importingexporting-groups.aspx