Null Value when Choosing From Dropdown

Null Value when Choosing From Dropdown

Comments

• [font=Nunito, Roboto, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Hi Ezra,[/font]

[font=Nunito, Roboto, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Can you share the screenshot of the fetch entities step along with what value is passed for fetch criteria? Attached is the screenshot for reference.[/font]

[font=Nunito, Roboto, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Thanks,[/font]
    [font=Nunito, Roboto, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Yousuf[/font]
    [i]edited by mohammed.yousuf@decisions.com on 9/14/2022[/i]

• Hello Ezra,

Could you please give more information about the null values and where theyre coming from?
    1. Are there null values in your drop-down list?
    2. Are null values being saved to your entities after exiting the form?
    3. Does your active form flow send the list to your drop-down box with null values?
    4. Does your original list from the active form flow have null values?

Thanks,
    William Meyer
    [i]edited by william.meyer@decisions.com on 9/14/2022[/i]

• Hi Ezra,

We require a call to further debug the issue of why null values are getting displayed in the dropdown. We will create a support ticket and reach out in the ticket for further discussion.

Thanks,
    Amulya
    [i]edited by athuluru.lakshmi@decisions.com on 9/15/2022[/i]

• Unknown
    edited November 2023

Hi,

I have a form and inside is a dropdown which gets the list to display form a database (Using flow as input source).

When debugging, it is showing multiple blank values upon selecting from the dropdown (Around 3 blank values).

I tried to check using fetch entities and use the criteria as country = "Null" but no results. I also tried reuploading the data but still the blank values is showing.

Asking for assistance on how to remove.

Regards,
    Ezra

• Unknown
    edited November 2023

Hi Yousuf,

Please see below for screenshot fetch entities setup.

I think I cant upload any attachment here for the result of the fetch entities since it has many values. Please let me know in case you need. However, please see below screenshot if the criteria is set country name = null

As you can see above, no results for country name is null so there should be no blank values in dropdown.

Regards,
    Ezra

• Unknown
    edited November 2023

Hi William,

Im not also sure where the null values is coming from since as explained above, There is no null values in the database.
    1.) Yes, The null values are in the drop down list.
    2.) It is not being saved since there is no step to save, only to fetch entities and display the fetched entities on the dropdown list.
    3.) I am not using active form flow, I am using Input source = "Flow" from the dropdown itself and the flow is fetching entities for the list of dropdown values to be displayed. Although there is no null value from the fetched entities, it is showing in the selection of drop down list.

4.) No. I also put a criteria that the field is not null but still displaying null values.

Regards,
    Ezra