Group and Sorting Data

Group and Sorting Data

Comments

• Hi!
    I am using a data repeater on my form. I want to be able to group and sort the data when the form is run. I cannot figure out how I can accomplish this on my Form.

• Hello!
    We can sort the data before it enters into the form. We will need to sort the data on the Fetch step that will get the data. However, we cannot group data on data repeaters. A better form component to use for grouping and sorting data would be an advanced data grid.

For more information on Advance data grid please use the following documentation:
    https://documentation.decisions.com/docs/advanced-data-grids

We can also accomplish the same thing with regular Data grids. The regular data grid requires an extra step.
    [ul][li]Add the data grid component to the form, and choose the data type we are fetching[/li][li]The fields will automatically be added. We can also choose to add/remove fields[/li][/ul]
    [img]att2[/img]

[ul][li]By default, the grouping function is available for these automatically added fields. However, we will need to manually add the grouping action for any fields we add manually. [/li][li]To add We will need to click the pen icon on the individual fields to open the edit window. Here we will need to click “Can Sort” and choose a sorting type. Also, we will need to make sure the “Can Group” and “Is visible” is also checked off.[/li][/ul]
    [ul][li][color=rgb(127, 140, 141)][font=Roboto][img]att1[/img][/font][/color][/li][/ul]
    [i]edited by faiza@decisions.com on 4/27/2020[/i]
    [i]edited by faiza@decisions.com on 4/27/2020[/i]