localhost is not reachable

localhost is not reachable

Comments

• Also, I forgot to mention that I am directed to installer logs, but I cant find their location in the documentation and there is no Program Files/Decisions folder yet

• nevermind, just configured a custom site and url

• [font=verdana, sans-serif][font=Arial]Hello Austin, [/font][/font]

Im glad to hear you were able to figure it out.
    In addition, I would like to point out that the installer logs folder is created in the same location as the Decisions installer. Decisions gets created under C:/Program Files once the installation is nearing completion. Due to the fact that we got stuck on the System Requirement Check page, the Decisions folder was not created.
    I would be pleased to answer any questions you may have.

[font=verdana, sans-serif][font=Arial]Thanks[/font][/font]

• Unknown
    edited November 2023

I get the same error on install. I think in my case it is an issue with .net 6 / the hosting bundle. Im not in anyway an authority on the platform - but its my general feel. Here are some details from my experience.

ASP.Net Core app failed to start

Versions of .net hosting bundle installed

Installer Error

Application Log Event ID 1018 reports issue with the Settings.xml file in the approot folder.
    [quote=]Application /LM/W3SVC/1/ROOT with physical root E:DecisionsDecisions Server hit unexpected managed exception, exception code = 0xe0434352. First 30KB characters of captured stdout and stderr logs:
    Unhandled exception. System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for DecisionsFramework.ServiceLayer.Settings threw an exception.
    ---> System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for DecisionsFramework.Log threw an exception.
    ---> System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for DecisionsFramework.Utilities.Profiler.ProfilerService threw an exception.
    ---> DecisionsFramework.LoggedException: Your settings.xml file is corrupt. Reinstall the Application to resolve the issue. Alternatively, delete the file to create a template settings file
    ---> System.InvalidOperationException: There is an error in XML document (0, 0).
    ---> System.Xml.XmlException: Root element is missing.
    at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
    at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent()
    at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
    at System.Xml.XmlReader.MoveToContent()
    at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderSettings.Read13_Settings()
    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
    at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(XmlReader xmlReader, String encodingStyle, XmlDeserializationEvents events)
    at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(Stream stream)
    at DecisionsFramework.ServiceLayer.Settings.LoadSettings()
    at DecisionsFramework.ServiceLayer.Settings.GetSettings()
    at DecisionsFramework.Utilities.Profiler.ProfilerService..cctor()
    at DecisionsFramework.Utilities.Profiler.ProfilerService.GetBottomProfileObject()
    at DecisionsFramework.LogData..ctor(DateTime timeStamp, LogSeverity level, String category, String message, Object[] mergeArguments)
    at DecisionsFramework.LogData..ctor(LogSeverity level, String category, String message, Object[] arguments)
    at DecisionsFramework.Log.Write(LogSeverity level, String message, Object[] arguments)
    at DecisionsFramework.Log.Debug(String message, Object[] arguments)
    at DecisionsFramework.LoggedException.DoLog(String message)
    at DecisionsFramework.LoggedException..ctor(String message, Exception innerException)
    at DecisionsFramework.Utilities.Logging.LogSettings.get_LogSettingsFilePath()
    at DecisionsFramework.Utilities.Logging.LogSettings.LoadSettings()
    at DecisionsFramework.Utilities.Logging.LogSettings.GetSettings()
    at DecisionsFramework.Utilities.Logging.LogSettings.GetSinkSettingByType(Type type)
    at DecisionsFramework.Utilities.Logging.FileLoggerSink.get_SinkSettings()
    at DecisionsFramework.Utilities.Logging.FileLoggerSink.Configure()
    at DecisionsFramework.Utilities.Logging.DecisionsLoggingConfiguration.CreateAndRegisterSink(Type loggerType)
    at DecisionsFramework.Utilities.Logging.DecisionsLoggingConfiguration.Configure()
    at DecisionsFramework.Log.Initialize()
    at DecisionsFramework.Log..cctor()
    at DecisionsFramework.Log..ctor(String name)
    at DecisionsFramework.ServiceLayer.Settings..cctor()
    at Decisions.Web.Core.DecisionsServer.Start()
    at Decisions.Web.Core.Program.Main(String[] args)
    [/quote]

Application Event 1007
    [quote=]Application /LM/W3SVC/1/ROOT with physical root E:DecisionsDecisions Server failed to load coreclr. Exception message:
    CLR worker thread exited prematurely[/quote]
    [i]edited by JustHereSoIDontGetFined on 8/31/2022[/i]

• Unknown
    edited November 2023

Attached the installer log associated with my previous reply

The settings.xml file is blank - no xml stuff in the document

• Hello,

According to the error mentioned in the above logs, please delete the settings file that can be found at C:Program FilesDecisionsDecisions Server. Start over after deleting. Feel free to reach out if you have any further queries.
    Thanks,
    Yousuf

• Thanks - I removed the file & reset IIS

When it came up

• A new Settings.xml file was created
      --- Different File Repository location was in the settings file than what I tried to setup during the install.

• Still got the .net core ASP failed to start error when hitting the url.

• Hello,
    This issue will require further investigation Could please go ahead and mail the issue to [u]support@decisions.com[/u]
    So this can be worked upon.
    Thanks.
    [i]edited by mohammed.yousuf@decisions.com on 9/2/2022[/i]

• I have [T-049543] open with Support. Was supposed to connect with someone yesterday but I never got the Zoom invite. Unfortunately, hes out of the office today, and Im out all next week.

Ill bump it and see if I can get another engineer to lend me some brain time. thx

• We have responded to that ticket. Please check the latest update on this and let us know what you think about it.

• The issue with the installation is resolved.
    I deleted the Decisions folder in C drive > Program Files and used self-hosting with a different port while installing.

• Unknown
    edited November 2023

I tried installing a local Decision 8.3 70478 on my computer where I already have several websites configured and the Default is using localhost

• Unknown
    edited November 2023

Hi Decisions Team,

I am getting the error - localhost/decisions is not reachable.
    I am using IIS hosting option while installing and also installed .NET 7.0.4

Please check and provide your feedback.

Error Screenshot:

Regards,
    Ankit

• Unknown
    edited November 2023

Adding to the previous query:

I have changed the port to 8086 but then also I am getting error in installation. While doing re-run check it is showing success message but then it says Installation Finished with error.

I have attached the Log file for your reference.

Regards,
    Ankit