Link to a Submitted Attachment on Reports?

Link to a Submitted Attachment on Reports?

Comments

• Im working on a contracting system and we have our customers attach their boilerplate templates for us to use during contracting and Im wondering how I can provide a link to that attachment on a report view?

I have the attachment saved and defined in a flow execution extension and saved to a field that is a FileData type and it shows up in the assigned review forms just fine, but when I reference that field on a report, it gives me the full ID but not a link.

Any suggestions?
    [i]edited by scaggs on 6/6/2022[/i]

• Hey Dave, try this documentation link [url=https://documentation.decisions.com/docs/embedded-links-reports?highlight=link]https://documentation.decisions.com/docs/embedded-links-reports?highlight=link[/url]

Given the way you have structured your data you may have to build a flow that takes in your datatype ID then passes the filedata property to a document viewer on a form and then call this flow following the doc link above.

• Hey Will, thanks for that.

I actually converted my attachment data field in my flow execution extension to be a FileReference instead of FileData to avoid saving all that data directly to a DB.

I have been working with Support to figure out how to accomplish this, and weve gotten close by running an inline flow on the report, using a Get Cell By Name to identify the row that was selected, then Fetch Entities using that Id that was selected and finally, End Form Session where it opens the URL of the Id that was selected.

But, something is missing. It doesnt error out or anything, but it doesnt download or do anything, it just flashes the screen momentarily like something is going to happen.

All that said, I am able to download the attachment from this entity across the rest of the project/flows no issue, so perhaps Im not saving the file properly when the customer submits it during the request process?
    [i]edited by scaggs on 6/13/2022[/i]

• I actually figured this out after getting on the daily webinar with Eric.

What was missing was the "ID" field as a column in my report. I added that as a column and then set it to hidden and boom! it works great.

Next issue to figure out is how to only display the DOWNLOAD link when an attachment is present.