Daily email with summary of tasks and assignments

Daily email with summary of tasks and assignments

Comments

• How can I create a daily email that is sent to all my users that, for each of them, lists a summary of the cases / tasks assigned to them? Id like to include a summary of how many cases of various types/stages are assigned to them, and also a listing of some of the cases requiring action. Ive seen a similar email that Decisions sends internally to its own users. How can I create something similar to send to mine? I dont want the information to be in an attachment. I want it to be inline in the body of the email itself.

• Hi Ross,

I have uploaded a flow that should help demonstrate how this functionality can be achieved. I will run through the process I went through while building out this flow.

Currently the most appropriate way to build body data for a send email step, is to use merge plain text, however using this prevents the use of list results and as such we must rebuild the lists we wish to generate (Current Assignments) within create data steps as a string. I started by initializing the strings I would later build with assignment information. I did this in a create data step as shown below:

[color=rgb(127, 140, 141)][font=Roboto][img]att7[/img][/font][/color]
    [color=rgb(127, 140, 141)][font=Roboto]
    [/font][/color]
    We leave these inputs null, and build them later in the flow. The flow itself is built out as below:

[color=rgb(127, 140, 141)][font=Roboto][img]att6[/img][/font][/color]
    [color=rgb(127, 140, 141)][font=Roboto]
    [/font][/color]
    We connect a fetch entities step, to fetch the current accounts adding fetch criteria to restrict non active accounts being used. This is passed into a loop to return the entity names used as an input to restrict what assignments are pulled back. As shown below we use another fetch entities step, filtering by non completed assignments and based off the users account pulled from the last loop.

[color=rgb(127, 140, 141)][font=Roboto][img]att5[/img][/font][/color]

We loop through the assignments for each user, and build our create data step with any data we wish to push to our send email step. This can be any property and be configured multiple times as long as there is a nested string on the initial create data step to house the data. The image below shows how this can be built out, with our declared string on the bottom, and the attachment item above, used to build the list.

[color=rgb(127, 140, 141)][font=Roboto][img]att4[/img][/font][/color]

We can then move to the send email step and begin building how the data on the email is formatted. An example of which is below:

[color=rgb(127, 140, 141)][font=Roboto][img]att3[/img][/font][/color]

This configuration is in need of customization for your full use case but should hopefully give an idea of how this can be achieved. The end result is as follows currently:

[color=rgb(127, 140, 141)][font=Roboto][img]att2[/img][/font][/color]

This flow can be amended, and added to a schedule job, which can be set to fire off daily. Details on using scheduled flows can be found here: [url=https://documentation.decisions.com/docs/running-a-flow-on-a-schedule]https://documentation.decisions.com/docs/running-a-flow-on-a-schedule[/url]

[i][b]Please Note:[/b] The examples attached were developed to be instructional, and were not developed as officially supported components. For more information or to engage our service team to develop fully supported, production quality solutions, please contact: services@decisions.com[/i]

• Great info, thanks! I was afraid I might have to build it out like that, but once I find the time I will give it a try.