Question about Private Flow

Question about Private Flow

Comments

• Hi, I recently stumbled onto the private flow setting thats on an assignment and was curious about what it does. I tried putting it on one of my flows and im not sure what to look for.

• Unknown
    edited November 2023

Hey Frank,

The [b]Private Flow[/b] setting is a [b]Property [/b]specific to an [b]Assignments Assignment Dates[/b] ([b]Start[/b], [b]Warn[/b], [b]Late[/b], [b]Escalate[/b], [b]Expiration[/b]). It is established after setting one of these dates via the [b]Assignment Setup[/b] Property of an [b]Assigned Form[/b], selecting [b]Private [/b]from the [b]Step Start Flow Type[/b] dropdown, and selecting EDIT FLOW TO RUN.

Using this setting allows users to add additional logic to a Assignment process by providing a Flow that is exclusive to the [b]Parent Flow[/b].
    This means that upon reaching one of those configured dates, the [b]Flow [/b]will perform whatever logic is attached to it. Additionally, data from the [b]Parent Flow[/b] can be passed into the [b]Private Flow[/b] but cannot be used for other [b]Assignments[/b]/Flows.

In the example below, the Private Flow is configured to display a [b]Warning Notification[/b] (in the form of a [b]Show Popup[/b] step) that displays the a Popup with the Subject "[b]Recipient.EmailAddress this is a Warning[/b]".

[b]
    [/b]The [b]Recipient [/b]data is sourced via a [b]Create Data[/b] step that precedes the [b]Assigned Form [/b]in the [b]Parent Flow[/b].

Running/[b]Debugging [/b]the Flow then waiting the defined [b]Warning [/b]time will result in the [b]Assignee [/b]being shown the [b]Popup Notification[/b] with their respective [b]Email [/b]value.

Further, navigating to the [b]Designer Project[/b] that contains the [b]Parent Flow[/b]/[b]Assigned Form [/b]demonstrates that the Flow cannot be accessed from the Decisions Studio; it can only be accessed via [b]EDIT FLOW TO RUN[/b] on the Assigned Form in the [b]Flow Designer[/b].

Hope this helps clear some of that up! If you want to read more about Assignment Settings, you can do so by reading our [url=https://documentation.decisions.com/v8/docs/assignment-settings][b]Assignment Settings and Configuration[/b][/url] doc.

Have a good day!