How to Delete a Broken Unit Test?

How to Delete a Broken Unit Test?

Comments

• Hello!

I have a Unit Test on one of my flows that is seemingly broken. Whenever I try to click or interact with it, I receive an error. How can I remove it?

• Unknown
    edited November 2023

Hello!

This can be done with a quick 1-step flow! Well make use of the [i]Delete Entity [/i]step. This step requires an [i]entityID[/i] input, and once the ID is supplied, it marks the entity (in our case, the Unit Test) as deleted in the database and hides it from the Unit Test list.

First, find the ID of the Unit Test. I made use of the query editor to run a quick [i]select [/i]query on the [i]unit_test[/i] table. If you have a large amount of Unit Tests, then you may need to narrow down your query to find the correct entity.

The first two columns will be the [i]id [/i]and [i]display_name[/i], which is the name entered by the user that initially created the Unit Test. Find the correct Unit Test name, and then copy its ID.

Then, using the [i]Delete Entity[/i] step, we can pass that ID in as its input, and the Unit Test should no longer be visible in the Debugger.

Hope this helps!

-Ethan