Reverse Filter?

Reverse Filter?

Comments

• Is there a way on a standard report page to reverse filter? What I mean is, in one column there are 10 different possible things that might appear. There is one item that has the most entries, but I care about the least. Is there a way to use the filter feature to filter something out, rather than filter to only that item? Alternatively, what is the easiest way to do this in a manner that you can turn that filter on and off easily? Could you use a checkbox on the page above the report viewer area?

• Hello!
    Reports can be filtered using a Rule Filter that is found in the Filter section.

[color=rgb(127, 140, 141)][font=Roboto][img]att2[/img][/font][/color]

You can use the "Not" function in the rule to take out the results you do want. Also, users can edit this rule easier on the report. You will need to select the "runtime Editable" option for the Runtime behavior.

[color=rgb(127, 140, 141)][font=Roboto][img]att1[/img][/font][/color]

More information on rule filters can be found in this document: https://documentation.decisions.com/docs/rule-filter-report
    [i]edited by faiza@decisions.com on 3/4/2020[/i]

• Thats helpful, but what I really need is for users to be able to toggle the filter on and off easily. Were talking end-users here, who have no knowledge of how Decisions work. They need to be able to hit a button or check/uncheck a box to turn it on and off. Is there a way to do that?

• Also, I ultimately will be creating about 5 different ones of these that users will want to mix and match. So Id love to set up a series of check boxes on the page above the report that users can select/unselect to turn filters on and off. Is there a way for a report to read variables from the page its presented on?

• Seems like you could put a boolean toggle next to each filter in the filter box of the report that appears above the column names when you create a filter that is editable at runtime.

• See attached image

• Hi Ross,

You can create checkbox filters by using a Flow Run Part and radio buttons on your page. Please check below forum post and attached project as a reference. If you have any question please let me know.

https://support.decisions.com/forum/topic1371-adding-filter-checkboxes-on-report-pages.aspx

Regards

• Exactly what I needed, thanks. Would still be pretty slick though if you could just toggle filters that are "editable at runtime". Consider this a feature request! :)

• I would second a feature request to toggle report filters on/off as a default behavior that can be shown/hidden

• Hey Austin,

Just to clarify, do you want the filters to have checkboxes by their names or an option to show/hide the filter area?

• Hi Michelle,

I was referring to the individual filters themselves, so I would think a checkbox that could turn off the filter would work just fine.

Thanks

• Sorry, that is a checkbox next to each filter on the report to toggle them individually