Purpose of Action Permissions?

Purpose of Action Permissions?

Comments

• Hi Decisions, I am running a v7 instance editing a configuration folder. When opening the Set Classification Window, what do the Permissions for Actions settings do?
    [i]edited by amber.blanton@decisions.com on 12/15/2021[/i]

• Hi Grass,

The [b]Permissions For Actions[/b] setting offers an alternative method of setting up Action Visibility Rules for your Configuration Folder. Instead of using the Rule Designer, permissions can be manipulated for account-based visibility rules. It is quicker than setting up a similarly functioning Action Visibility Rule, but at the cost of flexibility.

The Permissions for Action settings can only configure with account/group information, so please keep that in mind. If information un-related to accounts (ex: process-specific data) are a factor to consider such as hiding an Action if the account/group has not completed a specified Assignment, then I would suggest using the Rule Designer.

For further information on the Permission for Actions setting, please refer to our [url=https://documentation.decisions.com/v7/docs/editing-user-action-classification-information]Editing User Action Classification Information[/url] article which contains definitions for each checkbox setting in this category.

I hope this helps!