Run Report Step Filter Question

Run Report Step Filter Question

Comments

• Hi,

I have a run report step in a flow. I have the report with no filter applied because I want the entire set of data available on the portal (report viewer). However, in the flow, I want to filter out only certain data before I create an excel file to be an attachment in a Send Email Step. I want to avoid creating 2 different reports. I cannot find any documentation that might be close to this. 1) is this possible? 2) What would you suggest as a work around?

Thanks

• Hi,

[color=rgb(34, 34, 34)][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Please use runtime editable filters on your report. You need to set filter behavior "Runtime Editable" and check "Show all data when filter value empty" checkbox. This will allow you to run report with all data and then apply filters based on step input data. After settings, if you go to the Run Report step you should see each field filter as an input. If you leave them empty you will get all the report data. If you map or pass data into input fields, the report will be filtered based on input data. Please refer to documentation and screenshots. If you have any questions please let me know.[/font][/color]
    [color=rgb(34, 34, 34)][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
    [/font][/color]
    [color=rgb(34, 34, 34)][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][url=https://documentation.decisions.com/docs/using-runtime-editable-filters-to-customize-report-output]Using Runtime Editable Filters to Customize Report Output[/url][/font][/color]

[/font][/color]
    [color=rgb(34, 34, 34)][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Regards[/font][/color]
    [/font][/color]
    [color=rgb(34, 34, 34)][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][img]att1[/img][/font][/color]
    [/font][/color]
    [color=rgb(34, 34, 34)][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][img]att2[/img][/font][/color]
    [i]edited by kenan@decisions.com on 12/23/2019[/i]
    [i]edited by kenan@decisions.com on 12/23/2019[/i]