Nested Data Repeaters

Nested Data Repeaters

Comments

• I am curious if it would be possible, or if so what problems may be caused, if I were to create a data repeater within another data repeater? I am looking to list items in the main data repeater and then provide more information on it in the other data repeater. I want something like this to appear in every row thus why I am trying to do this. How would I get this setup?

• Nested data repeaters are not supported nor recommended. In newer versions this should not even be possible, and if you managed to create this in an older version it will cause needless errors so I would not go through with it.

A just as good alternative I can suggest involves using data grids/advanced data grids instead of a nested data repeater. Within the data grid, you will still be able to gather the data you need in a table-esque format.

We actually have an example lab based on this build. While constructed in 7.6, I do not forsee it having issues importing into any newer or older instances. Please read through this project, download and import the example zip file, and come back here if you have any questions.

https://documentation.decisions.com/projects/docs/nesting-a-data-grid-in-a-data-repeater
    [i]edited by amber.blanton@decisions.com on 11/18/2021[/i]