flow run part filtering question

flow run part filtering question

Comments

• Hi, I had a question
    [font=Roboto, sans-serif]
    [/font]
    [font=Roboto, sans-serif]I am currently using a flow run part to filter a report on my dashboard. I [/font][font=Roboto, sans-serif]also have user actions available on the report to open the selected record. [/font]
    [/font]
    [font=Roboto, sans-serif]On my process view I have an action to return back to the dashboard. my issue is when a user filters the report and uses the column actions(group or sort) and goes into the record and comes back to the dashboard via the user action, the dashboard report holds results from the search instead of refreshing and clearing out the search. If the column isnt sorted or grouped on column it works as expected.[/font]
    [/font]
    [font=Roboto, sans-serif]Is this expected behavior for column filters/sorting/grouping to prevent the report from refreshing/clearing the filter results when returning to the dashboard?

thank you[/font]

• Hey Frank, heres a few things you can try that should work:

[ul][li]From the [b]Page Designer[/b], navigate to [b]VIEW > Grid[/b], under the [b]Properties [/b]tab of the [b]Report Viewer[/b]. Ensure that [b]Allow Settings Persistence [/b]is set to [b]No[/b]. This setting controls whether or not grouping or filters are retained when leaving and returning to the Report on the Page.[/li][li]Double-check that in the [b]Report Designer[/b], that the report is not [b]Grouped [/b]by default. [/li][li]Try leaving the Page and returning through an alternate method (such as the [b]Folder Tree[/b]).

Hope this helps! [/li][/ul]

• Hey Andrew,

Thank you so much, that did the trick