Build .scss compiler into Decisions 7.x

Build .scss compiler into Decisions 7.x

Comments

• At my organization we have many custom form components (dropdowns, date pickers, text-box, etc..) that are styled in .scss. Is it possible to build a process in Decisions that compiles a given set of .scss files into .css files and makes them available for use in form styling?

• Hello!
    The short answer is [b]yes[/b] - this is possible. [i]However[/i], this would take a fair bit of knowledge regarding CSS and SCSS to do. Regex would likely help to know as well. Essentially it would be a collection of text conversions, with the outputs being saved as documents in the CSS directory. This would be a rather time consuming build.

Hope this helps!

-Ethan

• Hi Ethan,

Thank you for the information. This would definitely be a first for our team, do you know of any Decisions examples for this topic on github or resources that would be of assistance?

Also as a tangential question: The components that I referenced in the root question exist in a private npm React package as well. How would we go about importing this package in decisions? Is there a known/clean way of doing this? I have heard that it is possible but have not heard many details. We are aware of JavaScript controls in Decisions but I do not know if this could act as a vector to import React libraries rather than vanilla JS. I am wondering if webpack would be the right direction.

Thanks,
    Will
    [i]edited by will.brozovic on 11/11/2021[/i]

• Hey Will!

Unfortunately it doesnt look like we have any examples of this sort of build on-hand. From the information I gathered this is possible, but nobody on record has built out a proper project for it.

As for the second question, this sounds like a question that may be better suited for our Lunch and Learn! We have a free daily lunch and learn Q&A from 12:00pm - 1:00pm EDT where we often answer questions like these! If thats something you would be interested in you can sign up here:
    https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_Vxxz1JxOQtmX2HzenusaUw

Alternatively, youre also more than welcome to submit a ticket at [url=http://support.decisions.com]support.decisions.com[/url] or emailing support@decisions.com and wed be happy to take a more in-depth look at your specific scenario.