Unit Tester and Email Results

Unit Tester and Email Results

Comments

• Here is a project that you can import that allows you to select different projects and run the associated unit tests for them. The dashboard itself is located by default in [b]Unit Test Management Proj/Dashboards/Unit Test Management.[/b]
    [b]
    [/b]
    The highlighted portions below reference the different actions you can take and I will detail whats necessary in order for this to be a valid tool to for your unit testing needs!

[img]att3[/img]

In the picture above, as mentioned, we have a few different actions starting with:

[b]Update Projects Included In Unit Test Execution: [/b]
    This is a form that grabs all your projects in the local Decisions database. This is a simple multi-select drop down component allowing you to select however many projects you desire. Upon clicking submit, you will see them populate on the below report with two columns; [i]Project Name [/i]and [i]Accounts to Notify. [/i][i]
    [/i]

[img]att2[/img]

[b]Edit Notification Data:[/b]
    Now that youve selected the project you want to run unit tests on, we need to select which accounts will receive the results.

[img]att1[/img]

Clicking this will allow you to choose, in a similar fashion as the project selection, which users will receive the results via email.

[b]Run All Unit Tests:[/b]
    The final piece of the puzzle! Clicking this will run the selected unit tests and send them out as indicated above.

[b]IMPORTANT NOTES: [/b]
    It should be noted that there are a few things that will allow this tool to work properly.
    [ul][li]The designer folder containing the desired flows MUST be associated with a project. [/li][li]You will need an evaluation rule associated with the unit test. If it is not present OR it is completely blank, the results will not be fruitful. [/li][/ul]
    [b]If youd like to make this a scheduled flow, [/b]youll need to create a scheduled flow (documentation [url=https://documentation.decisions.com/docs/running-a-flow-on-a-schedule]here[/url]) and target the main logic flow of this whole project, "[b]Unit Test Execution Project[/b]". Running this flow is what gets your selected projects and use
    [i]edited by Scott@decisions.com on 8/20/2020[/i]