Front End Debugging?

Front End Debugging?

Comments

• Is there a way to debug the front end of Decisions? I know how to enable debug logging for Decisions on the back-end, but what about for the web interactions?

• Leo,

You can log the front end of Decisions by modifying two files. They are both called ‘web.config’ and you will find them in the following directories:

C:Program FilesDecisionsDecisions Web Host
    C:Program FilesDecisionsDecisions Web HostHUI

Find the line in BOTH of these files that reads ‘ compilation debug="false" ’ and change it to ‘true’. Again do this in both documents. Restart SHM and when you sign into Decisions Studio, you’ll see it now says ‘[DEBUG MODE]’ in the upper corner near the logo/splash.

Hope this helps!
    -Ryan S.

• Is there a way to exit '[DEBUG MODE]' in version 8? I am unable to find this setting on any of the 'web.config' files available.

• Hello there!

We removed the debug mode in the web.config file from Version 8, so there shouldn't be a way to access this mode. All functionality needed should be located in the settings.xml file directly.

• So the '[DEBUG MODE]' in the upper banner can be ignored when it is present in version 8? I want to verify there is not a performance impact to being in debug mode unnecessarily.

• Hello Again!

I'm sorry, I have some new information on the debugger:

Debug Mode can be enabled in v7 and above by changing the:

<EnvironmentName>Production</EnvironmentName>

to

<EnvironmentName>Development</EnvironmentName>

in the settings.xml file.