Cluster with AWS EFS

Cluster with AWS EFS

Comments

• Decisions cluster installation requires a shared file location between the nodes. Can we use AWS EFS for this when installing in AWS?

• Hey!

Overall this [i]should[/i] be possible, but may take a bit of troubleshooting to get it communicating effectively.
    If you have any trouble attempting this, feel free to email [b]support@decisions.com[/b] and submit a ticket. Wed be happy to help!

• I also tried to do this, but AWS does not officially support EFS for windows. There are workarounds for using it as a NFS mount, but Im interested if you found a solution in this case?

• Hi Tobias,

Using a network mount will work here. Something that you may be able to use as well is Amazon FSx. The important thing is that both of your server nodes are able to address your file storage.

• Without AWS support this process is to complicated to setup. We will wait for container support, which I assume would run on linux and have a built in cluster setup.

• Hi Tobias,

AWS does support this process with FSx used as file storage. There are multiple options for file storage here but FSx is what we see most commonly used. As long as there is an addressable path available to both cluster nodes, you will be able to set up a clustered Decisions environment.