User Actions with a Report Data Source Flow

User Actions with a Report Data Source Flow

Comments

• Hi all,

I have a report whose source is a Report Data Source Flow and I need to get user actions for the entities in the report. How can I accomplish this as theres no configuration folder where I can add actions and what not? Any help would be appreciated!

Note: If it helps, were grabbing data from a sql query grabbing entities based on a multitude of criteria such as creation date, case id, etc.

• [color=rgb(0, 0, 0)]In order to get the user action flows from this report, we’re going to need to [/color][color=rgb(0, 0, 0)]Override Action Context. [/color]

[color=rgb(0, 0, 0)]First, we want to make sure we have the table in Decisions. This is accomplished by going to a Designer Folder and “Create Datatypes/Integration”. Navigate to “Database Integration” and [/color][color=rgb(0, 0, 0)]Add Table. [/color][color=rgb(0, 0, 0)]For my integration example, I’ve used the LOCAL CONNECTION for my example, but select the connection with the information you need of course. [/color]
    [color=rgb(0, 0, 0)]
    [/color]
    [img]att4[/img]

[color=rgb(0, 0, 0)]Select one of the internal databases to integrate with then select the Table Fields and Table Key to use, in your case I’d assume it would be the case ID field as long as its recognized or created by Decisions. [/color]

[color=rgb(0, 0, 0)]Now, if you create/navigate to your report, select your DATA SOURCE. You should find the dbo you just added under Common > YOURCONNECTIONNAME > dbo.tablename. [/color]
    [color=rgb(0, 0, 0)]
    [/color]
    [img]att3[/img]

[color=rgb(0, 0, 0)]Add whichever Data Fields you need in this report then navigate to the properties menu on the right. Open up the “Actions” menu and tick the “Override Action Context” option. This is what will give us the information and user actions you’re looking for! [/color]
    [color=rgb(0, 0, 0)]
    [/color]
    [img]att2[/img]

[color=rgb(0, 0, 0)]For this next part, you may need to widen the right tool bar to read the drop down menus fully. You’ll select the Action Context Type (for my example, I’ve selected:[/color]

[i]DecisionsFramework.ServiceLayer.ServiceLayer.Services.Accounts.Account[/i]

[color=rgb(0, 0, 0)]And my Action Context ID Field as the Table Key, [i]Account ID. [/i][/color]

[color=rgb(0, 0, 0)]Now that we’ve configured the Override Action Context fields, save the report and Run. You’ll notice there’s actions you can now take on the entities in the report. [/color]

[img]att1[/img]

[color=rgb(0, 0, 0)]We have documentation regarding summarizing and walking through this here: [/color]
    https://documentation.decisions.com/docs/overriding-action-contexts-reports
    [i]edited by Scott@decisions.com on 9/27/2019[/i]