Display A List Field on Report

Display A List Field on Report

Comments

• A column on my Data Structure is a list of String values. I want to display this list on my Report. How can I do this? When I add the column, it displays a binary serialized string

• [color=#222222]A field classified as a list in a data structure is saved in the database as a binary serialized string. Using steps such as Get All or Fetch Entities will return the full contents of the list, however, attempting to display the field as a column in a report will show the binary serialized string and would require you to use a calculated column [url=https://documentation.decisions.com/docs/flow-based-steps-report]FlowInlineField[/url] to display the contents of the list.[/color]

[color=rgb(34, 34, 34)]Your FlowInlineField flow will contain the GetCellByName step which would be used retrieve id of each row. This id would then be used to retrieve the values from your structure using the GetById step. Youll then use the Join Strings step to concatenate your list of values into a single string which will get displayed on the Report.[/color]
    [i]edited by kshitij@decisions.com on 8/19/2019[/i]