API for populating Groups

API for populating Groups

Comments

• Hi,

1. I’d like to run custom code to populate a group and keep it synchronized from an external source. Is there an SDK method where I can add and remove users from a group?

2. Is it possible to include groups and their membership accounts as an artifact that gets saved into the repository? This is assuming we’re not using AD groups.

Thanks

• [color=rgb(34, 34, 34)][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Hi,

If you navigate to Integration > Internal Services > AccountService or Group Service, you will see Account and Group related steps. You can create flows by using these steps like Add Account To Groups or Remove Account From Group and integrate to the external source.[/font][/color]
    [color=rgb(34, 34, 34)][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
    [/font][/color]
    [color=rgb(34, 34, 34)][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]If you need you can build a flow to export group membership and "import" it using another flow that uses the add accounts to group steps.[/font][/color]
    [/font][/color]
    [color=rgb(34, 34, 34)][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]While committing to the repository you can include your groups in the projects, but you cannot commit accounts or Accounts or Groups folder to repository. [/font][/color]
    [/font][/color]
    [color=rgb(34, 34, 34)][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Please check attached screenshots for details. If you have any questions please let me know.[/font][/color]
    [/font][/color]
    [color=rgb(34, 34, 34)][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][u]Additional Documentation[/u][/font][/color]
    [color=rgb(34, 34, 34)][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][b][url=https://documentation.decisions.com/docs/view-integration-details]View Integration Details[/url]
    [/b][b][url=https://documentation.decisions.com/docs/external-entities-2]External Entities[/url]
    [/b]
    [img]att2[/img][/font][/color]
    [/font][/color]
    [color=rgb(34, 34, 34)][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][img]att1[/img][/font][/color]
    [i]edited by kenan@decisions.com on 8/7/2019[/i]

• [color=rgb(34, 34, 34)][font=Calibri, sans-serif]OK, is it also possible to write an external .NET application to automate this using SDK methods by chance?[/font][/color]

• [color=rgb(34, 34, 34)][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Please check below documentation about Calling Decisions Services from .NET. Also, you can find integration details of account and group services under System > Administration > Features > All Services. If you have any questions please let me know.[/font][/color]

[url=https://documentation.decisions.com/docs/calling-decisions-services-net][b]Calling Decisions Services from .NET[/b][/url]