Automatically create new customers and instances?

Automatically create new customers and instances?

Comments

• Is there a way to automate creation of new customer / contract, as well as a new tenant / instance?
    It would be nice to have a custom process where we gather the needed info and automate the creation of these.

It would also be great if we can automate the installation of modules to these instances, is there also a way to do this? There are some modules we will always use (i.e. OpenID), but it would be great if a customer can specify modules and install that way as well.

• [color=rgb(34, 34, 34)][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Find attached an example export(built in 5.10) on how to automatically create customers (or "contracts") and instances ("[/font][/color][color=rgb(34, 34, 34)][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]tenants"[/font][/color][color=rgb(34, 34, 34)][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]).
    [/font][/color]
    [color=rgb(34, 34, 34)][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Achieving this requires the use of two steps: "Create Contract" and "Install [/font][/color][color=rgb(34, 34, 34)][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Tenant[/font][/color][color=rgb(34, 34, 34)][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]". [/font][/color]
    [color=rgb(34, 34, 34)][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]You can find these in the Steps Toolbox, under [/font][/color][b]Integration [/b][color=rgb(34, 34, 34)][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]> [/font][/color][b]Internal Services [/b][color=rgb(34, 34, 34)][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]> [/font][/color][b]ContractService. [/b][color=rgb(34, 34, 34)][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif](There are additional related steps found in [/font][/color][b]Internal Services [/b][color=rgb(34, 34, 34)][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]>[/font][/color][b] Instance Service[/b][color=rgb(34, 34, 34)][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif])[/font][/color]
    [color=rgb(34, 34, 34)][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"Create Contract" step will allow you to create [/font][/color][color=rgb(34, 34, 34)][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]new[/font][/color][color=rgb(34, 34, 34)][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] customers, and "Install [/font][/color][color=rgb(34, 34, 34)][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Tenant[/font][/color][color=rgb(34, 34, 34)][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]" creates [/font][/color][color=rgb(34, 34, 34)][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]new[/font][/color][color=rgb(34, 34, 34)][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] instances.[/font][/color]
    [color=rgb(34, 34, 34)][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"Create Contract" step requires the following properties to be defined at minimum: [/font][/color]
    [color=rgb(34, 34, 34)][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][ol][li]account Email[/li][li]account Password[/li][li]contract (select [b]Build Data[/b] mapping. This exposes the "company" property, which must be defined.)[/li][li]parent Folder id (can point to "Customers" folder id, which you can find in the URL bar when you select this folder)[/li][/ol][/font][/color]
    [color=rgb(34, 34, 34)][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The "Install Tenant" step needs all properties to be defined.
    You can pass a list of module names to the "modules" property in this step, and these modules will be installed. If modules are specified the service may restart a few times while Decisions installs these.
    When adding modules native to Decisions, you will need to add "Decisions." before the module name, ex. [b]Decisions.SAML[/b] or [b]Decisions.OpenID[/b]

During my testing I noticed that the initially assigned user doesnt always have admin privilege/Studio access (even if the [b]Instance Management Page[/b] says they do).

To solve this, you can use a "Set Instance Admin Account" step and specified this user and the Instance ID. I got the needed Instance ID using the "Get Instance by Name" step. Find both of these steps in [b]Integration [/b]> [b]Internal Services [/b]>[b] Instance Service.[/b]

[/font][/color]
    [i]edited by Brendan@decisions.com on 7/25/2019[/i]