Filtering a report column with multiple criteria

Filtering a report column with multiple criteria

Comments

• Hi - What would be the best way to pass multiple filter criteria against one column into a run report step to return specified data rows matching the criteria?

For example - a column on a report contains various codes such as ABC123 or CBA321. We want to be able to use a runtime editable filter (or other method if more appropriate) that basically says select all rows where column (x) contains (xyz, abc, 321) result being any row that the code column contains any of the 3 criteria passed in. Hope that makes sense.

From our understanding we are able to pass a single criteria in and return those rows that match but cant work out how to add a second or third criteria to the same column or pass in a comma delimited string as multiple criteria to filter that column.

Appreciate any help or ideas.

• Greetings Scott,

Thanks for using the Decisions Forum. For this particular use case, I would recommend using the Fetch Entities step as opposed to the Run Report step. In the configuration of the Fetch Entities step, you would use the same Type Name as the Data Source for your report. You can then configure the Fetch Criteria and the Sort Field to accurately pull the data you are looking for. You could then use the Export Entities To CSV step and map the Entity Results to it, if you needed this data in the form of a spreadsheet. I have attached some images of what the flow would look like as well as the Fetch Criteria options. Please let me know if this will work for you.

[color=rgb(127, 140, 141)][font=Roboto][img]att1[/img] [/font][/color]
    [img]att2[/img]

• HI Ryan

Thank you for your reply and suggestion. That works well thank you.

• Awesome! Im happy to hear that. Thanks again for posting! :)

[quote=Scott ]HI Ryan

Thank you for your reply and suggestion. That works well thank you.[/quote]