Completing Tasks with REST API

Completing Tasks with REST API

Comments

• Please if you can help me with appropriate step and/or documentation for following use case.\r\n\r\nWe have a scenario where workflows will be called via REST API calls from a WebApp, that includes Approval Assignments too. Now further requirement is to:\r\n\r\n1. Access list of pending 'assigned tasks' (approvals) for a user.\r\n2. Given the assignmentID, step ID, flow tracking ID etc, user must be able to approve (with comments) or reject (with comments) the assigned task via REST API call.\r\n\r\nI am able to get the pending assigned tasks (point 1) but I am not able to get any step that corresponds to point 2 of my requirement.\r\n\r\nWhat I am able to do till now is to create URL links like: http://localhost/decisions/Primary/?action=respond&assignmentId=139d825a-ab29-422d-af17-9d0f02aed6b5&responseName=Approve\r\n\r\nwith json data\r\n {\r\n\t\"userid\": \"sample@test.com\

• There are a couple pieces to the solution that you are looking to have.

You will need an assigned form created with an "Action Outcome Path". These will allow you to specify a certain path via the Rest API call that allows the assigned user to take a defined action, like approve or reject. In this flow then sends the Assignment Id, Flow Tracking Id, and Step Id inside the URL to another flow as outputs on the end step.

Now in this separate flow (not a subflow), you will only need one step and a few variables passed into the Start step and these would be the Assignment Id, Files (if any are necessary), the Response from the Action Outcome of the step in the other mentioned flow and any comments if necessary. These will all be passed into a step called Process Form Assignment Response which is found in the step library under [b]Integration --> Internal Services --> Assignment --> ProcessFormAssignmentResponse[/b]. This allows Decisions the ability to process the assignment from the user based on their response and comment.