Report Won't Refresh With New Assignment

Report Won't Refresh With New Assignment

Comments

• [font=Roboto]I have a report that is to show incoming assignments for the user running on a dashboard. The report itself is running correctly, and I have the report viewer set to refresh on contained entity change, but when i run a flow that creates a new assignment, the report doesnt update! Are there any suggestions?[/font]

• [font=Roboto]Hello![/font]

[font=Roboto]In order to refresh a Dashboard displaying current user Assignments whenever a new one is assigned, you are able to add a ‘Send Folder Change Event’ step under the ‘On Step Run Flow’ option for the assigned form. This notifies the Dashboard to update each time a new assignment is sent.[/font]
    [i]edited by ethan.price@decisions.com on 5/26/2021[/i]

• Hey Ethan,

Could you please provide the snapshot of this configuration as we dont have any option for which you said. We just have the "step start flow type" option.

[quote=ethan.price@decisions.com][font=Roboto]Hello![/font]

[font=Roboto]In order to refresh a Dashboard displaying current user Assignments whenever a new one is assigned, you are able to add a ‘Send Folder Change Event’ step under the ‘On Step Run Flow’ option for the assigned form. This notifies the Dashboard to update each time a new assignment is sent.[/font]
    [i]edited by ethan.price@decisions.com on 5/26/2021[/i][/quote]

• [font=Roboto]Absolutely! Youre actually on the right track.[/font]

[font=Roboto]On the Step Start Flow Type drop-down menu, youre able to change the option to either SharedFlow or Private. Either of these options works. Private automatically creates a flow specific to this assignment, SharedFlow allows the flow to be used in other applications. Once youve picked, the Flow to Run option appears, giving you the ability to edit the flow that will run when the [/font][i]current[/i][font=Roboto] flow reaches the assignment step.[/font]

[img]att1[/img]

[font=Roboto]Click the Edit button, and youll be greeted with the familiar flow environment. Find the Send Folder Change Event step using the search bar, and drag it into the flow attached to the start step, then attach the Send Folder Change Event step to the end step. Locate the the ID of the folder containing your Dashboard (Right Click the Dashboard folder -> Manage -> Get Folder ID) and paste it into the Folder ID Input on your Send Folder Change Event step.[/font]

[img]att2[/img]

[font=Roboto]Now youre all set! The Send Folder Change Event step sends an update to the designated folder to refresh and show any changes/new information. The Send Folder Change Event flow will be instructed to run each time the Assignment step is reached in its parent flow, ensuring it stays up to date with the latest assignments.[/font]