Modifying Custom User Actions for Assignments

Modifying Custom User Actions for Assignments

Comments

• I know Assignments are something that Decisions come with, but I wanted to modify what types of actions a User can see for those. Not everyone should be able to reassign their assignments to others, yknow, so is that possible? I want it so anyone who is only in the "All Users" group cant foist their works to another, but anyone in like a group that oversees them still has that access. Assignments arent something Ive made myself in our server, so not sure if we have the ability to change those defaults.

• Hey, good question! Decisions actually gives the ability to modify and extend existing features that come pre-built with it, such as actions available for Assignments. \r\n\r\n[b][u]How to Make Action Visibility Rules to Hide Default User Actions That Came With Decisions - Assignment Edition[/u]:[/b]\r\n\r\n1.) I would recommend making a [b]new Designer Folder[/b] for this just so you can keep track of it more easily because of how big the scope of the change will be as it will affect all assignments. Mine was named [MasterFolder] Configuration Folders.\r\n\r\n2.) [b]Right click[/b] on the [b]Designer Folder [/b]you created and select [b]\"Create DataTypes/Integrations\"[/b]. You would want to click on [b]\"Add Entity Actions and Configurations\"[/b] and look for [b]Assignments[/b] in the following menu since you are trying to affect actions relating to Assignments.\r\n\r\n3.) Once you do, an [b]Assignment Configuration Extension folder [/b]should be made in that Designer Folder. [b]Right click[/b] on the new folder and select [b]\"Action Visibility Rule\"[/b].\r\n\r\n4.) What we are trying to do is making an Action Visibility Rule to hide specific actions for everyone [u]except[/u] those in a certain group. We actually only want to make one rule for this type of action because too many rules will get too confusing. The rule I have made will hide the action \"Change Assignment\" for every User [u]except[/u] the ones in the IBS Manager group. It will look at the Initiating User Groups of the User and check if they are in the group, if they aren't, then the rule will evaluate as True, and the action specified, \"Change Assignment\