How to change styles in word pdf document

How to change styles in word pdf document

Comments

• Hi,

I wanted to get your recommendations on how to go about this request.

REQUEST:

I am needing to highlight in some way (can be a font color change, outline, italics, etc) fields that have changed from a data structure.

SETUP:

My workflow is currently a User Action flow that displays a form, with the information populated from the data structure that has already been entered, and allows the user to modify the information. The flow execution data structure is a mixture of values like strings, dates, Booleans, etc, and after the user submits the modifications to the form, the workflow takes the updated data and inputs this onto a word doc using the Replace Bookmarks step, which then I convert to a PDF to email to the users for reference.

What is being requested of me is to show what fields have been edited on this emailed PDF, so I wanted to know

How could I know what fields have been modified?
    How can I show this on either a word doc or PDF file?

Thanks

• Hi,

[color=rgb(34, 34, 34)][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]You can use logic to change the style of HTML elements in a word document. First, you need to get the HTML code of the word document. You can do this by selecting the Web Page option of the Save As feature. The HTML code then can be copied by using a code editor and used in Replace Tokens in Text step. In the attached example, I am basically getting initial first name/last name and edited first name/last name data as input. Then comparing data in truth tables and outputting data. If the edited data is different than the initial value I am adding CSS color style to data in truth table merge text output. After that, Replace Tokens in Text replacing predefined tokens with truth table output which includes CSS style. Eventually, if the initial data and outputting data are not equal, edited data included in document HTML with a color style applied. At the end of the process, I am converting HTML to PDF file and viewing it in a form. [/font][/color]
    [color=rgb(34, 34, 34)][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
    [/font][/color]
    [color=rgb(34, 34, 34)][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Regards[/font][/color]
    [/font][/color]
    [color=rgb(34, 34, 34)][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][img]att1[/img][/font][/color]
    [/font][/color]
    [color=rgb(34, 34, 34)][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][img]att2[/img][/font][/color]
    [/font][/color]
    [color=rgb(34, 34, 34)][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][img]att3[/img][/font][/color]

• [color=rgb(34, 34, 34)][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]First, you need to get the HTML code of the word document. You can do this by selecting the Web Page option of the Save As feature. The HTML code then can be copied by using a code editor and used in Replace Tokens in Text step. In the attached example, I am basically getting initial first name/last name and edited first name/last name data as input. [/font][/color]