Dynamic Action Context Type

Dynamic Action Context Type

Comments

• I have a report that loads 2 different structures from a custom DB query. Is there a way to dynamically have the User Actions come up for each specific data type? Say one type is CAT and the other type is CAT Change Request. I have the IDs for each loading into the report. The CAT user actions are different than the CAT Change Requests and i would like the user actions to show for each.

• The Report does not have direct features that will allow you to have user actions for both data types on one report. A workaround would be to create a External Entity with the required fields from both structures and add the user action from both structures to the configuration folder of the external entity. You can keep your current report and use the "override action Context" feature on the report to have the external entities actions available on the report.
    Additional information on the "Override Action Context" feature can be found in the following documentation: https://documentation.decisions.com/docs/overriding-action-contexts-reports

• I created a SQL query that returns the data in the way i need. Is there an id and an override context type that i can use that would show both? Since one is an Extension DS and the other in an Entity, i cant get the Folder override to work for both. Folder works for the Extension DS but not entity.

• The Override user context feature will only allow you to only show user actions one type.

• Correct. Is there an ID i can pull from the DB that will allow Folder to work for an Entity?

• By Folder i mean the Override Context type of Folder

• If we are using "DecisionsFramework.ServiceLayer.Services.Folder.Folder" for the override Action context. For the Id we would want to use "Entity Folder Id" if the report is sourced on an Entity Data structure

• When i use the Entity Folder ID it does not give me the actions in the menu. It gives me the options of the parent folder where those entities live, not the actions defined for the entities. Any other idea?

• Im going to open a support ticket so we can look more into this