Force query recompile without restart?

Force query recompile without restart?

Comments

• On several occasions Ive had valid queries that wont compile. The only fix Ive found is a SHM restart. Is there anything else that can be done?

• Hello Patrick

You can implement a forced recompile using [color=#ff0000]Recompile Data Structure[/color] options found at any designer folder under the [color=#ff0000]Others [/color]option.

[img]att3[/img]

On the Recompile Data Structure layout, select the required query to recompile.
    [img]att2[/img]

The other option to do so is going into [color=#ff0000]System>Administration>SystemTools>EventViewer[/color] and select the [color=#ff0000]Data Structure Status[/color] report from the [color=#ff0000]More [/color]option available on the right corner of the screen.
    [img]att1[/img]
    Now right-click on your query and pick EditDataStructure. Click Save without making any changes to it.
    [i]edited by osman@decisions.com on 1/15/2021[/i]

• The Recompile Data Structure option never works for me. It always displays the message "All Data Structures Are Up To Date" without presenting the list of objects to recompile. Next time I will try via the Data Structure Status Report. Hopefully, that will solve the issue. Thanks