File Browsing

File Browsing

Comments

• [font=Roboto]Is there any functionality within Decisions where a flow can access a remote directory, present the list of files in that directory to the end-user (and allow them to navigate down multiple levels if needed), and then select a file which we can then do something within Decisions?[/font]

[font=Roboto]Scenario:[/font]

[font=Roboto]I would like to create a form/flow that when launched will present the end-user with the directory contents of a folder on a remote server. And allow them to navigate down several folder levels if necessary, and then be able to identify a file of interest.[/font]

[font=Roboto]I think if that capability exists and can output the file_name that they chose that I can take it from there and try to retrieve and display it.[/font]

[font=Roboto]Any info appreciated![/font]

• [font=Roboto, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]If the remote files are accessible from Windows Explorer on the application server (such as on a NAS or shared drive/folder) and Service Host Manager has permission to view and edit in the directory, you can use all of the normal file system steps like List Files in Directory and Load File to work with them. If the remote files are stored on an FTP server, the options for working the files are limited to downloading, uploading, or moving the files if you already know their file names and paths. List Files in Directory will only return the full paths of the files including any files in subfolders, so to organize the files into a UI that allows an end-user to browse directories would involve the use of a defined data structure and logic that accepts a list of paths and creates a hierarchal list of directories for Navigation Tree or Tree View form component.[/font]