Filter Report based on User - specific folder

Filter Report based on User - specific folder

Comments

• I have created a system where users can self-register, and when they do I create a folder just for that user to store folder entities associated with their account. I want to have a report that displays the entities only in their designated folder, and Id love to be able to do this without needing to use a flow for input, but rather just a regular filter. Is there a way to do this? The problem I am having is that Im not seeing a good way to associate the users storage folder with their account. The storage folder is created immediately after account creation, and then never changed, so if there is a way to set a variable in their Account entry to specify the folder ID of their designated storage folder, that might work if I could then pull that value from their account as a folder filter for the report. Is this making any sense? Any ideas?

• Hello Ross,

I believe what we are looking for is a data extension on the account entity, which would allow us to store the folderID. Ive added a link below to our documentation site which covers this feature.

https://documentation.decisions.com/docs/data-extensions

Would this be close to your use case in finding and storing the FolderID that houses the account?