Case insensitive report filter

Case insensitive report filter

Comments

• Is there a way to make a report filter case insensitive? I am using a Filed Contains filter but it requires the case to be correct which is annoying our users (im making it all lower case which helps a little bit). I know that I could use a flow run part but I was wanting to know if report filters can do it out of the box. We are in V.5.18 . If it is available in a different version but not in ours then that would be helpful to know as well.

Thanks,
    Jeremy

• Hi Jeremy,

Ive tested on 5.22 and 6.12.1 and cannot recreate your described behaviour. The Report Filters are case insensitive by default. Refer attached screenshot. Ill also test this in your exact version to confirm.

Can I get an export of your Project to review your setup?
    [i]edited by kshitij@decisions.com on 9/21/2020[/i]

• We are on 5.18 and do get no results if a letter is upper case. The quick filters that are on the report by default are case insensitive. But the Filters we added via the report are not. See attached image

[color=rgb(127, 140, 141)][font=Roboto][img]att1[/img][/font][/color]
    [i]edited by Jeremy on 9/21/2020[/i]

• I am still unable to recreate this issue. Are you reporting on a Decisions data structure or is it an external integration? Can I get an export of your Report and the structure it is reporting on as well as any other relevant dependencies I may need to recreate this to see if I am missing something in my test-case?

• We are using a flow as the source, I am then using a Raw SQL step to join a decisions database structure with several external tables, I then use a converter flow to convert the results to a decisions structure. I think the structure is a flow structure but it may just be a normal entity, I dont really know how to check and it has been quite a while since this was made. We are a bit busy at the moment so it may be tomorrow before I can get you the requested exports

• Jeremy,

I wont need the export after all. I was able to recreate the issue on 5.x when using a Flow Sourced Report and using filters on it. Youll need to either redesign your Report to use a Decisions user defined structure.as the Report source or upgrade to our 6.x release where this isnt an issue to get a fix for your issue.

• Thank you!