How can I access selected items from a data grid in my active form flow?

I want to use selected items from a data grid as inputs within my active form flow, but I can’t don’t see ‘selected item’ as a mapping option. How can I configure this?

Comments

• In order to access selected items from a data grid as an input in an active form flow, you need to ensure that your form meets these requirements:

-It includes at least one outcome path button

-In the data grid’s properties, under ‘Output Data’, the ‘Grid Mode’ is set to either ‘SingleSelect’ or ‘MultipleSelect’

The below example demonstrates using this input:

(Please Note: The examples attached were developed to be instructional, and were not developed as officially supported components. For more information or to engage our service team to develop fully supported, production quality solutions, please contact: services@decisions.com)

A fetch entities step gets all accounts and inputs them into the form.

These results are passed into the ‘Active Form Flow Data Grid’ form. This form has a data grid, text box, and an active form flow.

In the data grid’s properties, under ‘Output Data’, the ‘Grid Mode’ is set to ‘MultipleSelect’.

The ‘Data Grid Active Form Flow’ is triggered by the data grid selection changing.

The selected item can be found under the input path ‘FormData.DynamicDataGrid.Selected Item’.

The below active form flow runs a rule to determine if there is a selected item. If there is, a join strings step creates a string of all currently selected account email addresses and displays them in the textbox, but leaves it blank if nothing is selected.

For additional information on active form flows please see the attached documentation page:

https://documentation.decisions.com/docs/active-form-flows-overview