SMTP Relay

Comments

• [font=Roboto, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Ive been noticing on our Flow Management > Integration Activities that emails have been failing due to an SMTP relay issue. We only receive these errors when our SMTP settings are configured with a relay like the following: [/font]false,[font=Roboto, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/font]smtp-relay.gmail.com, 587, true, mycompany-test@company.com, ********, true, false. [font=Roboto, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]If I remove the relay and just use smtp.gmail.com the emails work correctly but then come over only as [/font][font=Roboto, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]mycompany-test@company.com[/font][font=Roboto, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] instead of the actual From sender identified in the form. How do I resolve this?[/font]

• [font=Roboto, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]There is a setting for [b]DefaultEmailAddress[/b] in Portal Settings under System > Settings. Change this from its default value of admin@decisions.com to address that matches the domain of your SMTP relay in your SMTP settings. Since the sender address has a different domain from that in your SMTP settings, the email will be sent unsigned. SMTP relays are stricter than a usual SMTP server and will kick back emails sent from unsigned senders when a regular SMTP server would treat them as spam.[/font]

• [color=rgb(29, 28, 29)][font=Slack-Lato, appleLogo, sans-serif]Hi, I try to set up [/font][/color][url=http://smtp-relay.gmail.com/]smtp-relay.gmail.com[/url][color=rgb(29, 28, 29)][font=Slack-Lato, appleLogo, sans-serif] to send emails but without success (my test is the "forgot password email"). I set fixed IP address and therefore havent set a user & pwd in our settings.xml file. [/font][/color]
    [color=#1d1c1d]I set my defaultEmailAddress as arthur@parkopoly.fr wich is the same domain than our GoogleBusiness account.
    [/color]
    [color=rgb(29, 28, 29)][font=Slack-Lato, appleLogo, sans-serif]Im using port 25. [/font][/color]
    [color=rgb(29, 28, 29)][font=Slack-Lato, appleLogo, sans-serif]Has anyone faced issues and/or solved the connexion? How did you fix the issue above?[/font][/color]

• Hi Arthur, Id try setting an email address and password for the servers SMTP settings.

• hello James,
    Im sorry, I actually didnt see your quick answer... Now tested again and it still doesnt work. I added a "noreply" account in Settings.xml - its not the defaultEmailAddress, which is mine. Do you think I should use same address for both? The issue is that at each change, I block our services several minutes (we dont have testing environment yet).

• There is a way to test changes to SMTP settings without modifying the default settings of a Decisions server. Send Email steps have an option for overriding the SMTP settings they are using.

[img]att1[/img]

The default SMTP settings for Gmails SMTP servers can be found at: https://support.google.com/a/answer/176600?hl=en

• Thanks, Ill test that today. I realise that I had kept the page open without refresh for 8 days (!) this is why I hadnt seen your first answer before.